- Open up your Microsoft Word and click on the “Tools” menu. Choose “Customize” from the drop-down list. This will open the Customize window.
- Select “Options” from the top tabs and hit the “Keyboard” button on the bottom of the window.
- Scroll through the Categories list until you come to “All Commands” and highlight it. Move over to the Commands list and select “Overtype“.
- Click on the word “Insert” under the Current keys box and select “Normal” in the “Save Changes In” box. Hit the “Remove” button on the bottom of the window.
- Choose the “Close” button on the Customize Keyboard and the Customize windows. Your have now disabled the Insert key from anything which uses Word as text editor.