- How useful an indicator is GDP? Well, quite useful indeed actually
- Bullfighting may soon be banned in Catalonia
- Tyler Cowen describes a trip to Yemen in 1996
- Jon Snow wonders what the result of a tight run election would be
- All of Orwell Prize longlisted 2009 Neil‘s top ten are worth a look.
- As, of course, are Anton Vowl’s – maybe Orwell Prize winner 2010 -ten most popular of the year.
- A Very Public Sociologist has the New Left Blog roundup.
- Claude discusses Terrorism.
And yes, although Christmas is over, 2009 wouldn’t be complete without a Winterval introspective from Five Chinese Crackers.