- Gender Across Borders declare Mugabe a Rapist
- Ben Goldacre launches a bid for Libel Reform. The recommendations are available here.
- Will Rhodes is concerned by the differences in what the Tories say and what they do.
- Claude questions right wing ideas of “middle class.”
- The Heresiarch has an excellent post on the difficulty of getting credit where credit is due on the internet (If you only follow one right wing blogger, make sure its this one).
- Old Holborn provides a few reasons why the faint of heart might only follow one right wing blogger. Vitriol justified? Perhaps. Although probably not.
- Jim Jepps ask how we can reduce traffic.
- The best paragraph Tyler Cowen read yesterday is also the best paragraph I read yesterday.
The believe-it-or-not superlatives are so extreme and Tom Swiftian they make you smile. The L.H.C. is not merely the world’s largest particle accelerator but the largest machine ever built. At the center of just one of the four main experimental stations installed around its circumference, and not even the biggest of the four, is a magnet that generates a magnetic field 100,000 times as strong as Earth’s. And because the super-conducting, super-colliding guts of the collider must be cooled by 120 tons of liquid helium, inside the machine it’s one degree colder than outer space, thus making the L.H.C. the coldest place in the universe.